Whatever your situation, if you don't have an online presence or if your website isn't suitable to your target customers, then you could be missing out on a huge opportunity.
There are a vast number of options available when it comes to marketing your business online and there are number of businesses out there who can assist you with this. This help can range from providing advice, to offering a full package of internet marketing services provided on your behalf.
Internet marketing includes a wide range of activities such as copywriting, e-mail marketing, search engine optimisation, social media and website development. These activities are important because they help a business to reach a wider audience. There are six key benefits of Internet marketing and how it will help you grow.
- Convenience - It opens up the market for you without worrying about store opening hours or overtime payments for staff at the same time customers can still browse your site when they have the most time, often in the evenings when they are home from work.
- Reach - Using the internet is a great way to overcome barriers of distance, this allows you to reach the whole country without having outlets all over the place. This also allows you to build an export business and not have to start a network of distributors in different countries. However, if you do intend to go international localisation services should be used to check suitability for the local markets and that you comply with local business regulations, this can also include translation and product modification if needed.
- Cost - Obviously the big one, it costs so much less to market on the internet due to not having to pay recurring rental and maintenance, plus no stock needed for displays and you can order stock in line with demand.
- Personalisation - By building a profile of a customer with their purchasing history and preferences you can make targeted offers reflecting their interests. Also by tracking visits to your site you are provided prospects for cross-selling campaigns, therefore increasing the value of sales.
- Relationships - Something the internet is a great platform for. When a customer makes a purchase, a follow up e-mail to confirm the order and thank the customer is perfect to start the relationship. Sending regular e-mails to your customers with special personalised offers to maintain the relationaship, building on this you can invite the option of reviews and feedback to build a sense of community with customers.
- Social - Internet marketing allows you to use the growing impact of social media to your advantage, by incorporating social networking into your marketing campaigns. Studies show that consumers who respond strongly to the influence of social media generate an increase in sales of around 5%.